Unitarian Univeralist Congregation Rock Tavern
We Love Movies!
First Monday of the month 7pm On January we will discuss Worth. Based on true events, a lawyer has to establish a dollar value for the lives lost on Sept. 11. You can find it streaming on Netflix. This emotional film should result in a lively discussion. Your opinion is welcome. CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Book Club – We Love Books!
Third Monday of the Month at 7pm The Book Thief by Markus Zusak was selected for discussion at the October 17 meeting. With Death as the narrator, the story is set in 1939 Nazi Germany where reading the wrong book can get you killed. We have chosen The Autobiography of Malcolm X: as told to Alex Haley as the November 21 read. First published in 1965, interest in Malcolm X has grown with the Black Lives Matter movement. Considered a classic, it tells the story of his life and work as a Muslim leader and Black empowerment activist. CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Some observations about Mexicans in the U.S.
Would you like more information?
Complete the form and someone will contact you. UUCRT Visitor’s Form
*** Important Changes
REMINDER: The ONLY multiplatform service will be held on the last Sunday of the month.
To join using computer, tablet or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/94071188132 To join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US Meeting ID: 940 7118 8132
Order of Service
- Inviting Bell
- Prelude – Hollis Kellogg, Pianist
- Opening Words – Mike Landrum (19th Psalm recast by J. Addison)
- Welcome and Announcements
- Chalice Lighting
- Hymn – I Am Waiting – Jim Scott
- Offering & Offertory
- Sharing of Joys & Sorrows
- 2 Minutes of Silent Meditation
- Hymn – #123 Spirit of Life – Hollis Kellogg
- Sermon – Deism & The Founders by Mike Landrum
- Closing Hymn – #121 “We’ll Build “a Land
- Closing Fellowship Circle
- *Extinguishing the Chalice – Extinguishing the Flame by Elizabeth Selle Jones
Coffee Hour Hosts Needed
Signups will be available in the weekly eblast beginning on May 20th. Please select a date that is convenient for you. The expectations for each is in the Sign Up. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please Come to Happy Hour!
Fridays 5pm Happy Hour We’ll meet for our weekly Friday happy hour and join together to celebrate our fellowship and friendship. Make yourself a cocktail, a cup of hot chocolate or pour a glass of your favorite. CLICK HERE TO JOIN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strategic Planning to Meet
The Strategic Planning Membership Group will have a Zoom meeting on Thursday, November 30 at 5pm to consider the Guidelines for Volunteer Interaction with Visitors… and to plan for a new member ceremony. Your ideas are welcome. To join, CLICK HERE.
We Are Unitarian Universalists
We saw this video at our Nov. semi-annual meeting /service and many requested that it be featured on our website. Please copy and paste the link below to access “We Are Unitarian Universalists”.
Food Security Initiative
If you, or someone you know, are in need of an emergency food delivery, please call 845-288-3488 or email UUCOVID19TF@gmail.com. Please provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Your delivery address (including city)
- Your contact phone number
- Number of people in your household
Thoughts from the Board
- Notes from the Board – Oct. 2022 October 6, 2022
- President’s Message – Oct. 2022 October 6, 2022
- Notes from the Board – Sept. 2022 September 6, 2022
- President’s Message – Sept. 2022 September 6, 2022
**Below are local events that Members either support or are involved in. While they may be of interest to Members and Friends, they are not necessarily endorsed by the UUCRT.
- “The Interview” Screening & Parole Justice Discussion September 17, 2022
- Members and Friends in Action September 6, 2022
- Cuban Arts: A Reflection of Its Culture and History – Thursday, Sept. 22 from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. September 6, 2022
- RTA Webinar – July 20, 2022 06:00 PM EST on Zoom July 16, 2022