Unitarian Univeralist Congregation Rock Tavern
Folk Guild Features Marji Zintz
Marji performs extensively as a sought-after soloist and as a member of Becoming Human, performing original songs of observation, realization, and transformation.
“Marji puts an indelibly personal stamp on songs from such diverse writers as Aimee Mann, Mark Knopfler, and George Gershwin, and accompanies her voice with sophisticated and skillful guitar work.” ~The Folk Project Open mic performances will be available to all. Cost of admission for this event is $7 ($6 for Folk Guild members and seniors). Signup begins at 7 pm and open mic begins at 7:30. The featured performance is expected to begin at approximately 8:30.
For more information contact the President of the Rock Tavern Chapter of the Hudson Valley Folk Guild at HVFGRockTavern@hudsonvalleyfolkguild.org.
Got the Holiday Blues?
- Exercise: A daily 30-minute walk may help prevent depression – so take a brisk stroll down a snowy path!
- Enjoy the Sunlight: As little as 15 to 30 minutes of sunlight, best in the early morning, will go a long way to alleviating the winter blahs
- Get enough Sleep: A lack of sleep can take a toll on your mood – so aim for 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night
- Moderate Alcohol Consumption: Two glasses of wine are plenty for the holiday party – one if you’ve already had the eggnog!
- Adjust Expectations: Don’t let visions of perfection spoil everything. Learn that most things can be good enough- simple meaningful gifts, food, being mindfully present to another, etc.
Religious Exploration for Children
- The Mystery of Our Amazing World
- Noticing Mystery In The Ordinary:
- The Mystery of the Returning Light
- December topic: Mystery
Movie Club – We Love Movies
On Dec. 7 the Movie Group will discuss the film Heavy, written and directed by James Mangold and available on Netflix. Overweight Victor hides from the world making pizzas in his mother’s sad pizzeria until a new waitress disrupts his isolation. Mangold lives in the Hudson Valley. Join us via the Zoom link on the uucrt.org.
Click here to join!
Book Club – We Love Books!
At the Jan. 18 Book Group meeting we will discuss Differ We Must: How Lincoln Succeeded in a Divided America by Steven Inskeep of NPR fame. The book “offers important parallels with the present “(Washington Post) “It’s not a biography … Rather, it’s an account of a handful of encounters between Lincoln and people he disagreed with, people he often nevertheless needed to get his way. ”—Anand Giradharadas, The.Ink
Join us via the Zoom link on the uucrt.org website. CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Rev. Diane Diachishin to Offer Pastoral Care
In person and Zoom.
Would you like more information?
*** Important Changes
Musical Prelude – Hollis Kellogg
Opening Words – By Dr. Rebekah Savage
Welcome and Announcements
Chalice Lighting – #452
Opening Song – #21 For The Beauty Of the Earth https://youtu.be/YW3ndFQ75HM?
Offering & Offertory
Time for All Ages- Marcia Westra
Sing the Children Out: Go Now in Peace #413
Sharing of Joys & Sorrows
Moment of Silence – 2 Minutes
Spirit of Life #123
Sermon –”The Gift of Mystery ” – Rev. Diane ( Iris DeMent) https://youtu.be/nlaoR5m4L80?
Closing Song – “Julian of Norwich” See lyrics
Closing Words – #701
Closing Fellowship Circle
Extinguishing the Chalice – Extinguishing the Flame by Elizabeth Selle Jones
- Worship Associate: Marcia Westra
- Zoom Host: Elizabeth Mehling
- Multi-Platform Host: Rose O’Neil
- Musician: Hollis Kellogg
Join Us for Happy Hour: Fridays at 5pm
Pop in weekly and say hello!!
Meeting ID: 991 8650 8662 Passcode: visit. Join by phone: 1 929 205 6099 Meeting ID: 991 8650 8662 Passcode: 762682
Thoughts from the Board
- Notes from the Board November 29, 2023
- Notes from the Board November 2, 2023
- Notes from the Board: 9/7/23 BOT meeting September 29, 2023
- Notes from the Board – July 2023 August 27, 2023
- Teach-In About The Current Mideast Crisis Nov. 12 at New Paltz Methodist Church November 3, 2023
- Congregation Supports LocallyHoused Asylum Seekers November 3, 2023
- Welcome Luncheon September 29, 2023
- Birch School Opens for it’s 11th Year at 9 Vance Road September 29, 2023