Children and Youth Religious Exploration
Welcome to the UUCRT Religious Exploration program. We are glad you are here!
We are a 150+ year old congregation with a rich history in the Mid Hudson Valley. We value lifelong growth in spirit and mind, using these UU Principles as the foundation:
- Each and every person is important.
- All people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- Each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- Everyone should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We work together for a peaceful, fair and free world.
- We work together in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
We currently provide Religious Exploration for pre-K to grade 5 children. Our classroom is located in Room 19, in the Education wing of our Fellowship Hall. Our quiet room provides a safe space for babies and toddlers to spend the hour with a caring mom, in plain sight of the Sanctuary.
Children aged 3 and up are invited to attend the early portion of each Sunday Service before gathering at the front of the room for a Time for All Ages. This brief story or activity introduces them to the theme for the RE Class.
We sing ‘Go Now in Peace’ to the children as they proceed to their classroom with their teacher, and the classroom assistant.
Classroom activities are loosely constructed around the themes of Soul Matters, a program created for congregations by the Unitarian Universalist Association.org. (www.UUA,org.) Themes for 2023-24 are:
The Gift of…
- September: Welcome
- October: Heritage
- November: Generosity
- December: Mystery
- January: Liberating Love
- February: Justice & Equity
- March: Transformation
- April: Interdependence
- May: Pluralism
- June: Renewal
On the first Sunday of each month, the service is usually followed by a potluck lunch. Families are invited and encouraged to attend!