Congregational Meeting on November 1st 11am
Please join the Semi- Annual Congregational Meeting on Sunday, November 1st at 11am immediately following a brief Sunday service. We need you to participate in our democratic congregational governance as we once again navigate the remote waters that have become our new normal. The link to the meeting will be the same as the link to the Sunday service, so watch your eblast or check out the website for connection information.
Members and Friends!
Please update your contact information for the Directory by Using this Link!
UUCRT COVID-19 Response Task Force
Utilizing a $5,000 grant from the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, and gifts from individual congregants and donors, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Rock Tavern took action this week to distribute food to vulnerable communities. The congregation created a Food Security Initiative to be led by Bryon Abrams, a Navy veteran and resident of Newburgh, who will head the volunteer task force to deliver food to households in Orange and Sullivan Counties. Abrams reports that “the first shipment of 80 bags of groceries will be coming in next week.” Non-perishable food will be stored at the congregation’s 9 Vance Road location in Rock Tavern for the time being pending distribution to individuals or families in need.
Food Security Initiative
If you, or someone you know, are in need of an emergency food delivery, please call 845-288-3488 or email UUCOVID19TF@gmail.com. Please provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Your delivery address (including city)
- Your contact phone number
- Number of people in your household
Order of Service for 10/25/20
To join from a computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85473908165?pwd=WW9kdkRCOUpqcFVyRzRmQno4eUlCZz09 To join by phone: 1-929-436-2866 Passcode: 033582
- Musical Prelude – “Woke Up This Mornin”. Trad African American Spiritual
- Inviting Bell
- Opening Words – There is something in every one of you that waits and listens for the sound of the genuine in yourself. It is the only true guide you will ever have. And if you cannot hear it, you will all of your life spend your days on the ends of strings that somebody else pulls. Howard Thurman
- Welcome and Announcements
- Chalice Lighting – If ever there were a time for a candle in the darkness, this would be it. Using a spark of hope, kindle the flame of love, ignite the light of peace, and feed the flame of justice. Melanie Davis
- Reading – “On the Pulse Of Morning” (2nd half) Maya Angelou
- Opening Hymn – “Wade in the Water” Trad African American Spiritual
- Sharing of Joy & Concerns
- Moment of Silence
- Centering Hymn – “Windows of the the Heart” Reggie Harris
- Message: “Hope in a Time of Storm”
- Closing Music – “Guide My Feet” Trad African American Spiritual
- Extinguishing the Chalice – I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant. Let us keep in our hearts and minds, the belief and faith that our actions of goodness and right relationship will bring about truth in the world we wish to see! Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Worship Associate: Diane Diachishin Zoom Host: Elizabeth Tarvin
Recent UUCRT News
- Let’s Thrive Part 1 August 3, 2020
- Widening the Circle of Concern June 25, 2020
- UUA General Assembly Starts Today, check here for free Online Events June 24, 2020
- UUCRT recognized in UUWorld Magazine for COVID19 outreach June 21, 2020
- How adaptable is your congregation? How adaptable are you? July 1, 2020
- Four Priorities May 30, 2020
- Thank you May 2, 2020
- Preamble for the Pandemically Privileged April 23, 2020