If you are in need of assistance please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Team members will:
- Respond to requests for assistance when approached in person at church functions, by phone or email. Care Team members are listed in the directory and the newsletter
- Be attentive and respond, when appropriate, to Joys and Concerns expressed during worship and at other times, (Send cards, make phone calls, visit people, etc.)
- Be visible and foster caring relationships with congregants and ministries. We help cultivate a supportive, caring community.
- Communicate with congregants through the newsletter, announcements and other ways regarding activities and topics related to the Care Team mission.
- Refer to outside resources when appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with the Sunday Service Ministry to be accessible and available during and after Sunday Service.
- Report trends and concerns, without personally identifiable information, in quarterly reports to the board.
News from the UUCRT Caring Ministry – What we do!
The Caring Ministry provides short-term, physical help to individuals and families within our congregation who are in need. While we cannot offer emergency or ongoing services, we can offer our collective love through support with: short term meals, rides for medical appointments, check-ins for those who feel isolated, cards for celebrations, as well as hardships, connection for those going through a difficult time.
Because it is sometimes difficult to ask for help, the Caring Ministry relies upon our entire congregation to identify and communicate the needs of our parishioners. We work with Rev. Diane in confidence, to coordinate care.
If you, or if you know of anyone needing help, please reach out to Linda Manglesdorf or Rev. Diane, who can be reached by email: email@example.com If you are in need of assistance please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com