Rock Tavern is a hamlet near the west town line of New Windsor, NY on NY-207. Rock Tavern is named for an early landmark that was a gathering place for many years. The Tavern owned and operated by John Humphrey in 1740 was located near the intersection of present-day Forrester Road. The tavern got its name from a large boulder which formed its foundation. It was here that the plans were made for the organization of the present Orange County. Rock Tavern has its own post office (zip code 12575) with home delivery to the western portion of the Town of New Windsor and the southwestern corner of the Town of Newburgh.