Resources for BLM Action
Parents may be wondering how to talk to their children:
- Lauren Wyeth’s Message for All Ages last Sunday is one example of a way to talk to children and youth now.
- US World Today article with advice from Beverly Tatum, author of “Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria” and Erlanger Turner, a clinical psychologist and assistant professor of psychology at Pepperdine University who studies mental health among racial communities:If you’re considering what you can do:
- Rev. Elizabeth Nguyen has guidance for Risk, Courage, and Spiritual Preparation when discerning what actions to participate in and how.
- Ways to contribute money to the organizations on the ground in Minneapolis.
- Asks from organizers across the country including places to donate for bail and for organizations, phone calls to make and petitions to sign:
- Movement For Black Lives week of actions — including actions that are less physically risky.